Sunday, July 26, 2009

And All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt

Well, I survived my first week back at work. I was exhausted every night, even though all I did was sit on my ass in front of a computer all day. It felt good to be back, though. It's nice to think about things other than nap schedules and baby poop.

My lovely husband surprised me with flowers and chocolates delivered to my office on Day 1, to celebrate my new position at work. What a keeper, eh? :-)

Lucy and M. rubbed along pretty well. Only one incident of M. calling me with screaming baby in background to complain and ask for suggestions. I think the lack of sleep (Lucy still isn't back to sleeping through the night) was getting to M. and making him a little grumpy, but who can blame him, right?

It's now Sunday afternoon, and I'm just hours away from starting my second week back at work, the last week before Lucy starts daycare. I've discovered that I have one whole week of work appropriate outfits that fit, which is good. However, given that Fridays are casual and I wore jeans, that sentence is a little misleading. Also, I am afraid that I ONLY have one whole week's worth of outfits that fit, and I may need to repeat them all this coming week. There will likely be some shopping in my future, I think. My goal is to find a routine that allows me to get back on the treadmill at night after the kids go to bed sometime before Labor Day - I don't want to put too much pressure on myself to start that now while we're all getting used to a lot of changes. So one day I will fit into the rest of my nice work clothes, but that day is a little far off.

So far, the weekend has been pretty successful. Both days, we have managed to get both kids to nap at the same time for a decent amount of time. That is true parenting success (and luck)! Ah, if only all weekends could be this way... :-).

Off to enjoy my last few moments of peace and quiet before the kids wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment